Resources

Monday, 4 April 2016

A-Z Blogging Challenge: C is for Curiosity

Just a reminder that this post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge for April and my theme is Essential Characteristics for Successful Genealogy.

As a beginning genealogist, I've been giving some thought to the "how and why" of this practice I've taken on.  What makes me think I'll be any good at?  What do I need to do/be to ensure that the people I'm researching ARE actually related to me?

And, so this list was born.

C is for Curiosity

Curiosity is probably the common denominator linking all those interested in genealogy and family history. Why else would we spend hours examining illegible documents for the teensiest bit of information about our families?  Curiosity got us started and curiosity keeps us going.

Maybe in previous times we would be called "sticky-beaks" or "nosey parkers" - but I prefer to think that we are just interested in the lives of those who've gone before us.  Hmm, that sounds much better!

What are your thoughts about my list so far?

See you tomorrow for the next item :-)


3 comments:

  1. Hi stopping by via the challenge. Hope you can continue.

    Damyanti, AZ cohost 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I hope you're doing okay. I'm Geetika, a member of A-Z co-host AJ Lauer's wHooligan team, from A to Z Challenge. I can see your name in the A to Z sign up list, but you haven't really anything after alphabet C. I hope everything is fine at your end. If there is anything that you need to us, then we are all ears :)

    See you soon :)

    Cheers
    a member of A-Z co-host AJ Lauer's wHooligan team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much better than nosey-parkers ;) Genuine curiosity is needed but I've come across one or two whose interest is entirely salacious...not pretty.

    ReplyDelete