Resources

Friday, 1 April 2016

A-Z Blogging Challenge: A is for Analytical

Just a reminder that this post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge for April and my theme is Essential Characteristics for Successful Genealogy.

As a beginning genealogist, I've been giving some thought to the "how and why" of this practice I've taken on.  What makes me think I'll be any good at?  What do I need to do/be to ensure that the people I'm researching ARE actually related to me?

And, so this list was born.  

A is for Analytical

Genealogists must be able to examine a document or story or photo, and make sense of it.  And I don't mean making sense by making up a story!  We must be able to analyse whatever is in front of us in a careful methodical way.  And we must be able to position the particular document or story or photo in the context of others we've found.  

There are, of course, loads of books, articles, websites, and blog posts aimed at teaching genealogists to become better analysts.  Some of the best can be found by visiting Cyndi's List - but be careful, you could be lost for weeks in the awesomeness of that website!

See you tomorrow for the next item in my list :-)


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Eunice,
    Dropping in to say howdy. Genealogy is indeed an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genealogy is quite interesting and i am looking forward to your A-Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I missed your posts in the A to Z...it was a great topic. Analytical is key to being sure we have Accurate Information.

    ReplyDelete